Google Earth And Virtual Earth - Plotting Tracks

I have been playing with Google Earth (earth.google.com) for some time now and with Virtual Earth (virtualearth.com) since last Sunday. I highly recommend both to those that want to look at their environment from a new angle (from the air, that is).

The question I have is, has anyone managed to superimpose one's biking or jogging tracks from the GPS onto these images? Google Earth has a GE Plus service that allows some GPS functionality; I haven't tried that so far, however.

The question I have is, has anyone managed to superimpose one's biking or jogging tracks from the GPS onto these images? Google Earth has a GE Plus service that allows some GPS functionality; I haven't tried that so far, however.

Yes, Google Earth Plus allows this, and I have done it. Now if they only had contour maps.

Rich Owings

www.MakeYourOwnMaps.com

"We were desert mystics, my friends and I, poring over our maps as others do their holy books." - Edward Abbey

I've been using ExpertGPS to prep files for GoogleEarth.

I download to ExpertGPS, save as a .gpx file, then open in GoogleEarth. Then I turn off the "points" display, leaving only the "path" showing so the resulting display isn't too cluttered.

You should be able to produce the same results with any program that can accept data from your gps and save it as a .gpx file.