Any Ideas For Good Swag?

Here's a vote against Mctoys, I doubt if 10% of the geocachers are little kids,

the big kids and adults have no interest in that stuff. :unsure:

NOW, for a GOOD idea:

So many people complaining about mosquitos this last 6 weeks,

ever find a mosquito headnet in a cache? :rolleyes: Ever wish you had one? :laughing:

WalMart has them for $1.47, compressed in a small packet, not even 1/2 inch wide. They also have a nice white, wide brimmed hat to hold the net away from your face for $6. Even includes a chin strap so the wind doesn't blow it away. :anicute::unsure::unsure:

Some people collect them, if they are still in the original bag.

I love finding things I can pin to or hang on my canvas caching bag. Right now there's all my TB copies, two jingle bells, two sharpies, 4 caching pins, and Larry the Caching Crustacean. Blade says it's starting to look like a shamanic fetish bag with all the Stuff I have hanging off of it.

all through high school I had 1 red jansport backpack. I had more than 20 different items attached to it at all times. I had to retire it this past semester because the zipper broke and seeings how I wasn't in high school(been out for 5 years now <_< ) it was time I bought a new one.

Of course, I am the one that left a Coke bottle cap in my very first cache. Before you start flaming, I was completely unprepared to go caching and it was a cap good for a free 1 liter of Coke!

Those coke caps good for a free one liter Coke are actually more valuable than a gold dollar so I don't see that as a bad drop at all. Especially if you are out caching in the summer heat. You can hit the nearest store and grab a nice cold Coke for free!

I actually have one of those in my bag to use as a drop - likely in a mini since it's nice to do a mini and actually find something in it. I have a really nice little Duck Dogers (Daffy) that I found in a mini on my second trip out. I really like it but may well pass it on so someone else can enjoy finding a surprise in a mini as well. <_<

(No, I don' t usually like the toys - especially the dirty ones - but Daffy is just totally cool. <_<)

all through high school I had 1 red jansport backpack. I had more than 20 different items attached to it at all times. I had to retire it this past semester because the zipper broke and seeings how I wasn't in high school(been out for 5 years now <_< ) it was time I bought a new one.

Jansport packs are warranted for life. You can get a replacement for free if the zipper broke. <_<

I usually go to community exhibits or events and try to pick up some of their give-away stuff. Last summer I picked up tape measures, tourist pins, pencils, key chains, and other things I think people would want. Unless I take my granddaughter, Phoebe Snow, caching with me, I stay away from toys. Getting there is 90% of the fun, but I want to get to something beside Sponge Bob or some McBurger give away. I also try to leave some decent stuff to make it worthwhile for the next guy.

Zephyr :D

I have started a scrapbook of our caching adventures. It's woefully behind, but still... So the items I take when possible are flat things that can go in the scrapbook. Some things I have snagged - a page of stickers, a recipe, patches, postcard (from a postcard cache), um, and a couple of others.

I have some swag picked up from yard sales this summer. When the weather cools down and we go out again, we are ready.

My favorite swag to find is something useful and/or something to do with geocaching, like geocaching supplies (none in mine 'cause the order hasn't arrived!). Some of my fav "found" swag: geocaching magnet, pin, patch and cache decal, AA batteries, a good book, and a packet of tissues.

It's disappointing to find uncreative or USED :lol: stuff or junk :lol: in caches. As I've heard before, trade up, trade equal, or don't trade. I just hid my first cache, and in it I put: a TB, a bandana, a "cooler" bandana (that you get wet), a pack of playing cards (NEW), a small silver picture frame, foreign stamps, a road map, a bottle of bug repellent, a paperback book (this is fun when you're also into bookcrossing.com), a keychain calculator.

Swag isn't necessary, but icky swag is a downer--better nothing at all than ick! (IMHO). :lol: