Downloading Maps To Gpsr

4get&uluz

I just installed City Select v6 North America. Whenever I try to download a map to my Garmin etrex vista c I get a can't find gpsr message. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the USB driver but still not luck. Prior to installing City Select I was able to down load waypoints via easy gps. Anyone have ideas on how to get City Select to download?

I am not abosutely sure but I think you need the Mapsourse not City Select as if I am correct the Vista is a NON routing GPSr and City Select is ment primarly for Autorouting GPSr. I have a GPSMAP76 and a 1620 Que GPSR and the City select would not work with the nonrouting GPSMAP76. Just my thought.

cheers

OOPS ;) Yes He/She does say it is a Vista C .... and yes City Select is compatable. Have you unlocked your City Select product with your unlock code? When you do this MapSource looks for your unit ID thru the interface cable. If this does not sound familiar than this is your problem. Otherwise we need MORE information.

When you set up the USB interface does it have a Vista C listed. If not you may have to tel it your unit is a 60C even though it is not to get the USB transfer.

I connect my 60C to the USB cable and turn it on. When I push the download button I get a screen for the connection and select USB then find unit if it does not come up. Mine always has the unit ID number showing right away. :D ImpalaBob

Edited by ImpalaBob

When you set up the USB interface does it have a Vista C listed. If not you may have to tel it your unit is a 60C even though it is not to get the USB transfer.

Impalabob, thanks for the tip. No vista c is listed. Can you tell me how to tell it that it is a 60c? Specific steps would be most helpful.