Wjtb Not Marked As Taken!!!

Cache Buzzards

I drove 90+ miles today to find that the WJTB I was after had already been taken!!! When I got home and read the past logs, someone stated in his log he took it (days ago) but neglected to log it out! That is so aggrevating! And with the price of gas.....grrrrrr. How do I keep from chasing a WJTB and keep this from happening again?

Edited by Cache Buzzards
How do I keep from chasing a WJTB and keep this from happening again?

I don't think it is possible. I had my heart set on finding a yellow one last year, but try as I might, they were never in the caches they were logged in by the time I got there. Finally, I gave up and just went caching wherever I felt like going....and I ended up finding two jeeps. Both of them had been dropped off by another cacher earlier in the day I got the the caches.

Edited by Team Neos

I hate to say it, but chalk it up to a rookie mistake. Always read past logs. Yes the cacher didnt "properly" do it, but they at least wrote it in the log for all to read. You can bet as well, that if a few people have visited the cache since a WJTB has been placed, it is gone, no matter what you see on the site.

What'd you expect? I don't know what it is, but there is something about those jeeps. A cacher finds a unique, individually made TB and they move it along happily. They find one that's got hundreds (thousands?) of twins, they snatch it up like they will never see one again...then they act like they didn't take it (although I see this cacher actually logged that they took it) to avoid admonishment from cache police.

I drove 80 miles to look for a white jeep TB, but when I got there I couldnt find the cache. So when I got back, that night,(sunday) I logged a DNF, and wrote that it probably was muggled. A few hours later, I get an e-mail from a cacher saying he was there after me and found the cache and has the jeep. The next day(monday) I check the site, and he never logged his find, or the jeep. I send him an e-mail telling him he should log the jeep and his find to avoid others for making a trip. Tuesday night he finally logs the Jeep, but he never logs his visit(and it still isnt logged) Why do people do this? He already has another Jeep in his possession so he knows how to log it.

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

I think that people that take JTB or any TB for that matter and don't log them are just rude and inconsiderate of other cachers. I went out today with the goal of finding a YJTB. It was a 2 mile walk to the cache and in the heat it was awful. Still I was determined to get the TB. When I got there I noticed the TB was gone and the log book had been signed on July 2nd stating they had taken the YJTB. I couldn't read the log or they would be hearing from me. When I find a TB i always write to the owner if I can't place it right away. But 2 weeks to log you found it and took it is just totally inconsiderate.

Ok...nuff griping.

Gemmy in MI

Thanks for understanding. I know things come up but I just received notice today that the guy that took this TB finally logged his find. I wonder if he knows the libraries have internet????

Sure hope I can still find a Jeep TB.

Gemmy