Make Geocaching A Clean Sport

I love to go geocaching!!!!

Oh yes, it is a great hobby. But the more i cache the more i find caches which should surely better be removed and brought to a landfill.

We are playing CITO and at the same time some of us are placing plastic trash at trashy locations.

I hereby declare that i am not willing to stand this. Thus I will go out and remove those trashy ones. Over and over and over again.

Me Robin Cleancache will go on fighting for this great hobby, will fight for a clean environment and will never be known.

Let's keep in contact:

http://cleancaching.blogspot.com/

robincache@yahoo.com

Are you upset at the caches themselves, the containers or the swag within the cache?

Perhaps your standards are too high. I recommend you spend more time in your city landfill poking around for left-over spam casserole. That will make you appreciate the simple beauty of a used golf ball in one of Mom's old coffee cans.

Please reconsider, or restate honestly, your motivations here.

Most geocachers abhor litter, and as a group we do a fairly good job of practicing our CITO ethic.

With so much legitimate trash to be collected it's interesting that you would focus on geocaches that you deem to be trash.

If you were truly concerened you would be out on the roadside cleaning visible trash, not off in the woods hunting hidden.

If you want to make a positive difference, organize CITOs, clean up roadsides and parks - there are any number of ways to make the world a better place and yourself a better citizen.

The concept of "Doing bad to do good" is as old as man and is always misguided.

Becoming a cache thief in order to clean up your part of the world should, on the very face of it, make you think that you need to rethink your plan of attack.

I do not deny that there exist trashy and/or poor caches, but they are such a small minority that your focus on them reveals way more about your mental capacity and emotional stability than if you express your beliefs by properly addressing the much larger issues.

Nobody likes a thief, no matter what your motives may be. Thieves that are caught, and if you do this enough you will be, will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Turn that same focus and effort to positive, helpful, legal means and you will find a supportive community that together can help you accomplish your stated goals.

As a thief you have one thing going for you.

Chiefly the law really doesn’t give a rats a** about someone who steals a geocache. They won't spend any time on the issue.

However neither will the law save your a** if you are caught and geocachers choose to use equally ignored methods of revenge.

As for your project, good luck with that.

Please don't start this kind of stuff.

Take a deep breath.

Now. take another deep breath.

Oops, forgot to exhale.

Anyway, we are all different and the hardest task is to accept this and peacefully exist with each other.

Worry about your own caches and you will find this is enough. Eventually.