Smart Phones Etc

Just acquired a Sony Ericsson P900 and have already been poking about online for downloadable software I can add to it that would be applicable to geocaching and navigation in general.

Does anyone have any firm recommendations? Currently I use cachemate on a palmIII which is very useful, anything along this line on the ol smart-phone would be cool as well.

Thanks in advance!

I just use mine (SPV C500) to access Geocaching.com in the field.

A friend of mine has his connected to a bluetooth GPS and uses it with TomTom for SatNav.

I'm sure there are lots of software apps that could be used but as yet I've not needed any. :anitongue:

I use an external bluetooth GPS mouse and the nhGPS software on the P900.

I tried several other (PowerNavigator, etc) but got stuck at the nhGPS software.

The big feature is to download a map on the fly (which gets calibrated automatically).

The P900 can also be used for final navigations arround the "parking places" near the start locations of caches.

I would recommend you to download the trialversion of nhGPS for your SE P900.

http://www.nhgps.com/

Sebastian

Edited by ian76g
I have a SPV C550 and I am trying to make the most of the applications. So any help would be great.

Out of interest. I have just upgraded to a C550 and have noticed that the *key is EXTREMELY sensitive and you only have to brush it lightly with your finger to trigger it.

Is yours the same?

It would be useful to know if it's a fault on mine or a common "feature" before I give Orange a rollocking :blink:

Im using a Nokia 7600 mainly cos I got a cheap deal and it was the free handset. Had it almost a year and only just sussed the email facility with it ;)

I saw on another thread about wap.geocaching.com.

I have tried to access this site by establishing my GPRS connection and then putting in the url but I keep getting an unavailable message ... any ideas what I am doing wrong?