Might Give Up On Tb's

Joypa

No need to post details here. You can easily check out the status of each of my six TB's if you want. Suffice it to say I have been spectacularly unsuccessful with my TB's. I have two more tags so I'll put out two more, but if these don't work out, I am done with TB's. Let the criticism begin.

I release them and forget about them.

Me too. Then it's a pleasant surprise when they phone home. I get more upset when somebody else's bug goes missing, like one on my watchlist. Vicarious angst, I guess.

Your bug histories are really pretty typical of my experience, Joypa. But, hey, nobody's going to blame you for not wanting to throw good money after bad :rolleyes:

No need to post details here. You can easily check out the status of each of my six TB's if you want. Suffice it to say I have been spectacularly unsuccessful with my TB's. I have two more tags so I'll put out two more, but if these don't work out, I am done with TB's. Let the criticism begin.

You ungrateful self-serving tightwad! Who do you think you are? Don't you know that accessorizing lame toys is what drives the world economy? What would happen if your daughter suddlenly stopped buying Barbie clothes? It would start a chain reaction that would cause the end of the world! Buy Buy Buy, never stop! Consume! Be the reason sweat shops exist!

:rolleyes:

Well, you asked for criticism :blink:

Joypa, there is hope! I went to check on the cache your Sammy Seal TB was in and he has been picked up. I have not gotten a log as cache owner that the cache was found by the team as of yet. We are in a resort town so I bet they grabbed it while they were here and have not gotten around to logging yet. 1 on the move, 5 more to go.

PS. Team GPSaxophone, If I decide to go on a diet or change any other aspect of my life, will you be my coach? Your speach made me go out and buy $25 worth of Barbie clothes. Strange buy for a 38 yr old man :rolleyes:

Edited by Team Shydog

Team Shydog: Thanks for the words of encouragement. When I saw someone visited the cache and the bug was not there, I figured I lost another one. We'll see.

Team GPSaxophone: My daughter drives an eighteen wheeler and has no interest in Barbie. She does, however, purchase a great deal of fuel.

One way I could continue my hobby is to steal other TB's. :rolleyes: I hope you know I'm kidding. :blink: I would never do that. :P

You know how military pilots become aces after a certain amount of kills ( i think 5), well i think TB's should get some sort of rating after they reach a certain criteria. It could be how many caches they've visited maybe a certain amount of miles traveled or maybe if they actually accomplish their mission.

do any of you retire your bugs? if so when?

One way I could continue my hobby is to steal other TB's. :rolleyes: I hope you know I'm kidding. :blink:  I would never do that. :P

Actually, I enjoy putting other people's bugs on my watchlist almost as much as owning them myself. Neat bugs, neat missions, ones I've logged, ones I'd like to log. Take a random stroll through the gallery and see if anything appeals.

Though, as I said, I take it pretty hard when one of my favorites goes missing. If you don't actively check your watchlist, though, you only know when you get an email, so you can pretend the ones you haven't heard from in a while all moved to a farm upstate where they could be with other travel bugs and have plenty of room to run and play :blink:

Joypa,

A few thoughts:

• It's a hobby--you're supposed to throw good money after bad.
  • I have 21 TBs in the wild. I haven't heard from some of them in as long as 8 months, but I have hope.
  • My TBs have been to a total of 6 countries and logged over 58,000 miles. The more bugs you put out there, the more likely that some of them will be highly successful world travelers.

You should be happy that they've all moved this year and all pretty recently! I think you have a pretty good track record going there. I have two bugs out there, both stalled for the time being, but I'm not worrying. Really! I'm not!!! I swear! :D

Yeah the forces that be have been killing off my TB's also. One went missing when the whole cache disappeared. Two others are no longer in the caches that they had made it too and haven't been logged for quite a while. And the last seems to be content to just sit there. Oh well. Always hopeful for these but not interested in getting more either.

I am done with TB's........only had two but one is now gone and one has stagnated for nearly 8 months. And do not even know of a Jeep one that has made it into this area.

People do not think to put these in high traffic areas, they are only looking to put the 'numbers' on their profile. "Pick it up and put it down. Don't give any thought to it." As for the missing one, it was in an area that Geocache.com should never have approved a cache in.

Some times things just happen like that. I have just releast two of my own TBs and even if they get lost I won't give up on TBs or Geocaching. Are you just going to wimp out.(sorry if this is a bit harsh but come on)

Yep

Some times things just happen like that. I have just releast two of my own TBs and even if they get lost I won't give up on TBs or Geocaching. Are you just going to wimp out.(sorry if this is a bit harsh but come on)

(Hasn't read the OP.)