Challenge 2005 Part Ii

GlobalRat

This replaces the old Thread which has been closed.

YeeeeeeeeeHAAAAAAAAA!!!

Two bumper weekends in a row! South Africa has surpassed the 100 mark for new caches placed. Currently standing at 102 new active caches placed in 2005. This has resulted in a net gain of 63 caches in 2005 and places us at almost halfway to the Challenges goal, a net gain of 150 active caches.

The only current black mark is the number of unavailable caches that have crept in over the last two months, currently on 15… time to action these as many have been unavailable for over a month. See!!

As an aside for the GP’s….the Banana boys and the Woolly feet are getting away from us…. Time to spring into second gear chaps.

To everyone, Keep up the good work!! It’s a real pleasure and exciting to see the cache numbers growing at a consistent pace this year.

:blink::anicute:

Stats

I looked at the stats - my hides are incorrect.

I have placed 15, 2 of which had to be archived due to site problems, theft etc, giving me a nett hide of 13 caches.

I'd be interested to see how this affects the rankings .......

(My stats show 9 caches placed so far ...)

South Africa has surpassed the 100 mark for new caches placed. Currently standing at 102 new active caches placed in 2005. This has resulted in a net gain of 63 caches in 2005 and places us at almost halfway to the Challenges goal, a net gain of 150 active caches.

I had a look again and see that we are now fast approaching the 150 mark of new active caches for 2005. Not the net active gain yet, but going stronger than what I ever would have imagined. At the current rate of around 20 to 30 new caches per month (June 22 and July 33), I don't think it would be to difficuly to get to 250 new active caches for 2005.

I think the challenge that was put out by GlobalRat at the start of 2005, was just what we needed. Great initiative there Mr Rat!!! :lol:

I had a look again and see that we are now fast approaching the 150 mark of new active caches for 2005. Not the net active gain yet, but going stronger than what I ever would have imagined. At the current rate of around 20 to 30 new caches per month (June 22 and July 33), I don't think it would be to difficuly to get to 250 new active caches for 2005.

Thanks Warthog. It is really great to see what is happening on the caching scene this year, and especially the last two months WOW!! I'm sure that QFC's rating system has provided further fuel to everyone's efforts.

As for the numbers... You're on the button. We've reached 151 new caches placed in 2005, providing us with a net gain of 110 caches. At the current rate we should therefore reach a net gain of 150 caches for 2005.

66 Cachers have been responsible for these placements, of which 26 have placed more than one cache. These 26 cachers are responsible for 73% of the placements.

KZN have exactly doubled their number of caches, and GP is up to 89%. WC still in the lead with a net gain of 39 caches....but the others are close behind. EC is the only province with a net loss. It's encouraging to see a couple of new faces in FS, and there has been some activity there of late. NW, and MP are still being fed by roving Gautengers, but hopefully the old souls in those provinces will come out of hibernation.

It is also noteworthy that we've managed to keep those Unavailable caches to a minimum.

I must also add that I think the quality of the caches that are being placed is improving. Naturally (and unfortunately) I haven't visited all the new caches, but it's great to see new and innovative caches coming out.

I was well impressed with the cache quality on my recent sojourn to KZN. Most of the containers were good quality and it was clear that the owners had gone to some effort in placing them.

Well there we go SOUTH AFRICA.... bar now set at 250... let's see how close we can get.