Rammount Gps Holder

I've talked to the people at RAM about this type of mount, and while yes it will work with the unit while its plugged in. It will NOT fit the Vista C or Legend C. The holder itself is made to an exact size and unfortunately the Legend C and Vista C are both shorter and wider than their non colored friends.

I have been looking into a Cell Phone Mount for my GPS here. It seems like it is short enough to not bother the power cord, but I am still waiting for confirmation of its dimensions from the company.

http://www.arkon.com/phonemounts.html

Shifty

I've talked to the people at RAM about this type of mount, and while yes it will work with the unit while its plugged in. It will NOT fit the Vista C or Legend C. The holder itself is made to an exact size and unfortunately the Legend C and Vista C are both shorter and wider than their non colored friends.

I have been looking into a Cell Phone Mount for my GPS here. It seems like it is short enough to not bother the power cord, but I am still waiting for confirmation of its dimensions from the company.

Shifty

GPS city advertise a ram mount specifically for Etrex Color units.

Etrex Color Cradle.

And.

Ram has it listed on their site.

Ram etrex color cradle.

Which is a different part number from the normal one.

Ram etrex cradle

Shifty

GPS city advertise a ram mount specifically for Etrex Color units.

Etrex Color Cradle.

And.

Ram has it listed on their site.

Ram etrex color cradle.

Which is a different part number from the normal one.

Ram etrex cradle

Why that no good RAM loser. He at least could have said something about this one...

Thanks for the link.

Sitting here thinking about it though. I am probably still going to get the Cellphone holder. The Ram mount doesn't look like its made for continuous removing of the GPS, whereas the Cellphone holder has a quick-button release.

S

S

Edited by Shifty54

I have used the RAM mount for the Garmin Rino, which is somewhat different from the other models. I sent it back after using it for a few days for the following reasons.

1) It took me a couple of minutes each time to wrestle the GPS out of the holder. I am very mechanically inclined and I fix things for a living, but I'll be damned if I couldn't get that GPS out of that holder in less than 60 seconds. In RAMs defence the mount is designed to wistand a 6g shock.

2) The button that I had to BOLT to the GPS unit, that mated with the mount, covered the battery door. That meant that I have to carry an allen key around with me if I wanted to change the batteries. Not a very well thought out design, when they could have just as easily used the existing belt clip button.

3) The RAM window mount would fall off the window after 3 hours. Less if it was hot out. I think mine was defective.

I bought a Garmin window mount since, and I have had absolutly zero problems with it. My recommendation is to buy the Garmin mount.