Magellan Firmware Updates

I can't be too optimistic about this one. It seems like the firmware releases have become less and less frequent since I've been using Magellan units.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but when DirectRoute came out about a year and a half ago, the 5.12 firmware needed to run it was released. 5.35 came out maybe 9 or 10 months later, but many of us stuck with 5.12 since it seemed to work better. 5.40, the current offering, came out perhaps 4 or 5 months ago and seemed to me to be an improvement, although glaring bugs were not addressed. Some continue to stay with 5.12 over 5.40.

Bottom line: I look forward to the next firmware update for the explorists, but I won't hold my breath waiting.

... it makes me wonder why people are always saying "don't buy a GPS that doesn't have PC connectivity, cause you won't be able to update your firmware"  :huh:

Its because misery loves company.

The same reasoning holds for why parents tell couples without kids that they should have kids...

Edited by Doc-Dean