Garmin 60c S Ver 3.9 "quirk"

I recently uploaded Ver 3.9 and noticed that now the satellite page, map page and compass page (with or without a GoTo activated) "spin" when I am stationary. Never experienced this with Ver 3.8 or below. In fact, the only time I've seen this behavior is on the Forerunner. I went back to 3.8 and the "spinning" displays/pages stopped. Has anyone else experienced this?

Regards,

Bill

Thanks for the response. I saw that item in the FAQ and tried that before I decided to revert to Ver 3.8. Using "North Up" did not stop the spinning...in fact spinning would even occur when the electronic compass was turned on. Very disconcerting. In addition to the GPSMap60CS we also have RINO 120s, Etrex Legend, Foretrex, Forerunner, and have owned and either sold or given away a GPS 12, basic eTrex, GPS II+, and RINO 110's. The only one that "spins" in a similar manner to the 60CS with Ver 3.9 is the Forerunner. Can't help but think there is "something" in the Ver 3.9 firmware that changed the behavior of the 60CS when stationary.

Regards,

Bill

I don't see anyone else posting with the "spinning" problem, but I did get an answer from a Mr. White at Garmin today...thanking me for my report and advising that it may indeed be a problem with Ver 3.9...they will analyze. Going back to Ver 3.8 solved my spin...and I can live with that until the next release.

Regards,

Bill

The new update firmware version 3.9 has tracking problem......

It used up 90% of my tracklog even I only walked 8 hours in a day hike...  :lol:

I have set it to "Normal" frequence and this sympthom did not appear in pervious version of firmware.

This is why I like my 60C GPS, because I have not had the issues that the 60CS has had, except I did have an issue with a previous firmware with USB downloading active tracklogs to the PC.

To save on Trackpoints, you may have to Turn OFF the Altimeter function on the 60CS, because the 60CS uses it's Tracklog to record the history of the pressure trends you see on the altimeter page, so once you clear the tracklog, the pressure history on the Altimeter page is also cleared out.

As far as my older 76S, I have not had problems with the Electronic compass or any problems with the Altimeter causing me to prematurely run out of Trackpoints in my Tracklog, but a Garmin with a Pressure sensor will use more trackpoints than one without a pressure sensor.

Edited by GOT GPS?