Rattlesnake Avioidance Training

:) Many Thanks to Chuy for posting a while back about getting Ginger the Geo-dog trained in avoiding Rattlesnakes. We followed you advice and took our 14 month old Golden Retriever Makai to be trained today. By the third attempt to head towards the snake, she decided that it was time to put the handler in first and pushed him from behind. She wanted nothing to do with that sucker. We are very thankful that you posted that you had previously had Ginger trained, and are glad that we followed up on this one. I think that the Red Diamond Back that we saw slithering up Old Hwy 80 convinced us that we were making the right decision. Thanks again for a tip that hopefully will pay off!!! Maybe we should plan a dog outing (where no snakes play) and maybe have a beach party!!??!! Think about it!! Thanks again, Chuy, we owe you!!!
...By the third attempt to head towards the snake, she decided that it was time to put the handler in first and pushed him from behind...

...Thanks again, Chuy, we owe you!!!

Ya Chuy. You did a great thing in saving those dogs. It's the people that I'm now worried about. I'd love to see how they train dogs to start throwing their owners into the danger! Man's best friend - unless there needs to be a sacrifice. :)

You're welcomed!

I wanted to get Ginger into the course again this season as a refresher course. Unfortunately, I proscastinated; the course was full by the time I called. I'll look around for training outside San Diego. The trainer is out of Norco.