Problem

hi

I want to connect my palm m130 to my Garmin etrex yellow and power the palm or both in the car, not just the palm as this has shop bought batteries and the palm doesnt. Ive found a place in the states that does them for about $50 +p&p but not in the uk. Ive tried searching the net but to no avail. anyone got one they want to sell or knows were i can get one.

cheers

Bountyhunter1 :(

Part of what you wrote doesn't make sense.

PC-Mobile.com do a good range of leads and chargers and they ship most from a UK address despite being Hong Kong based.

It may be the website from hell, but I can vouch for the quality of their leads and their customer service.

http://www.pc-mobile.net/gedc.htm

This is the the item I think you want (check it first! Email if necessary - they will help you get the right stuff)

GPEP50

The m130 uses the same connector as the m500 series IIRC.

hi

I want to connect my palm m130 to my Garmin etrex yellow and power the palm or both in the car, not just the palm as this has shop bought batteries and the palm doesnt. Ive found a place in the states that does them for about $50 +p&p but not in the uk. Ive tried searching the net but to no avail. anyone got one they want to sell or knows were i can get one.

cheers

Bountyhunter1    :D

£18 from here http://gpsbitz.co.uk/gpsbitz_store/index.p...f0c17aca6665638

Dave

i can buy a cable from the states for about $50 +p&p +taxes that links the palm m130 to the garmiin e.trex and powers the palm at the same time via a cigarette lighter socket if needed but i want to find somewhere in the uk that sells the same thing

I have spoken at length with the person I posted the link to and he said the reason the cable you require is difficult to find is because there is a problem in retaining the connector in the base of the palm and the only successful way is to use a cradle so the weight of the palm keeps it tightly against the contacts. and for that reason he advises against the purchasing from the States where it may be difficult to get a refund when you find the cable to be unsatisfactory..or getting one from any where else for that matter

Dave

Edited by oddsock