Anyone Up For Group Hike On 6/18?

Greg2dot0

It was unfortunate that I couldn't attend all of the fun with Buzzard Boy and the gang in the Sourlands Mountain Reservation, but hopefully this date will give most of the people that did time to recover.

I know that some people are choreographing trips to Wharton State forest, so this might be a good location to escape the chaos and knock out some other caches in the park. Other ideas and locations are welcome.

Edited by MrResolution

I have an idea for a location where you could hunt for I think seven caches in the same park. I think someone noted that all the caches in the park could be found in 3-4 hours of walking and searching. The name of the park is Baldpate Mountain Park in Mercer County near the border of Hunterdon County in Titusville, NJ.

Here are the caches in the recommended order of finding:

Abandoned Cache

"J" Cache

Yeaaa! I got Cache!

Feature Cache

Sphere's of the world

My Brain Hurts is a multi that is challenging but is along your hike. If you would like to do this one also, find the first stage after abandoned then continue on to the J cache. My Brain Hurts

The Big Egg is another cache in the same park but will give you quite a hike from the others. If you would like to do this one also, add an extra 3 miles on your total hike roundtrip. The Big Egg

One more cache which is located across the street in another portion of the park is Cache by the lake which could be your last cache of the day and is found by a beautiful hidden lake. The total hike for this loop (without the Big Egg cache) should be about 3-4 miles total. The trails are nice and shady and dry up quickly even after the rain. To get to this park, take County Route 579 in Mercer County and turn on to Pleasant Valley Road, up the big hill. Go approx. 1 and 1/8 miles to the parking area. If the small lot is full, then you can park on the side of the road, which is not a busy street. The coords for parking are: 40 degrees 19.95N, 074 degrees 52.24W. The parking area is a small dirt lot near a metal gate. I have hidden all the caches mentioned except for the Bigg egg and Feature cache. This should make for a nice cache outing and is located in Central Jersey. Have fun if you wish to come here! :o

Well, that actually makes 8 caches and there are many more near by in the close towns of Pennington and Titusville, use 08560 as zip(Titusville)

Also, in a fit of shameless self promotion, there is my Hiker Series and my Ramapo Reservation series.

Briansnat is by far too modest in his self-promotion as he has some of the best series I've done. I recommend his Norvin Green State Park series. I believe this is the most under-rated park in all of New Jersey. It's little known and little trafficed but it is spectacular. If Brian has his "Mine" cache back in it's seasonal location, it is a must visit. This is a great park!