I've Decided On A Gps

frogstik

After much reading and thinking, I am deciding on the Garmin GPSMAP 60 -- the new Monochrome one. I'd get the color, but I really can't swing that money $ for something that's still pretty new to me.

Does anyone have the new 60? This is my first GPS and it seems to have a lot of features for the price.

Ditto Brian's comment. I have the 60CS as well, and while the color screen is nice, the real selling points for me were the "geocaching" function (most useful because I use my GPS for several functions other than caching) and the turn-by-turn directions. I've had it for a year and thus far it seems to be as durable a GPS as I could have hoped for.

Awesome! I am so excited about this... I stumbled across this site after reading an article about it in my local paper. The thought of there being these hidden caches in places that I've been to time and time again is just crazy.

It's like a secret society hidden in plain view.

Edited by frogstik

Frogstik, welcome to the game! Learning there were treasures located at many of the places I frequent was an eye-opener for me too. The real fun comes when you go to places you didn't even know existed 10 minutes away from your house.

Congrats on the Garmin 60, like Brian, I have it's older brother too and love it.

Tips for getting started; Read the guidlines and FAQ, there's a ton of information there. Find 20-30 caches before you place your first one. It will give you an idea of how to do a good job with your first placement.

Also, the name Frogstik.......is that like Frog gig? lol.....if so, you've chosen a very interesting name for this particular website! :laughing:

Scoob