Explorist And Mapsend

I'm almost there. I've successfully uploaded a mapsend topo map to my 500 and followed the instructions to activate the map (under preferences & active setup.)

The map's filename is now in the field for the detail map, but it's not displaying on the unit.

I'm going to futz around more, but input would be appreciated.

By "mapsend topo" do you mean 4.20 (or one of it's variants) or 3D? The old 4.20 will not work with the Explorists.

Failing that, I'm not sure what it could be. I've had some flaky behaviour with my Explorist and DirectRoute maps. On occassion, the detail map will simply turn off, and when I try to turn it back on, I get an error that my map data is corrupted (or something like that). Usually it works anyway.

Perhaps it's related to your problem.

Based on your description, it sounds like you're doing everything right. Perhaps you can give a more detailed description of the steps you're taking to upload the maps to the GPS.

Jamie

That's what I did, per the instructions and it doesn't work, maybe I have to actually be getting a signal to see the map.

Is your SD card registered to your device?

Do you "see" the detailed map file in the Active Setup menu?

Hmmm? Hmmm? I'm stumped.