Oh The Things We Do...

I was on the hunt for the final leg of multi-cache called Treasure Quest. The final coordinates led me up a road and to a house at the top of a hill. I thought it was in the owner's backyard and the keys I picked up in leg #2 were to let me in and the clue was to be bold. I had done a previous cache in front of the owner's house and he came out to greet me. But just to safe, I knocked on the door and asked if they knew about geocaching? The lady of the house said no thanks, they already had a gps. She thought I was a door-to-door GPS salesman! So off I went to retrace my steps to find the goal a further bit up the hill behind their house. Oh the things we do...

During a cache search I was doing last summer in a local park, I saw a few people waving me down a few hundred feet away. I was "talking in my cell phone", trying to persuade muggles that's all I was doing. I figured these people were also geocachers that told me I could put away my disguise. I flipped my phone closed and walked over to them. The closer I got, it became very apparent to me that these people weren't geocachers but a group of frisbee golfers who were waving me down because I was in their direct line of fire ("Fore!"). When I got up to them and they were all looking at me like I was some kind of weirdo who just walked up to them, I couldn't think of anything else to say, so I said, "Are you guys waiting for somebody?" They told me what they were doing, and being the impatient I-hate-having-to-wait-for-muggles-to-clear-the-area geocacher that I am, I asked them how long they'd be. A short dude with a pretty good mullet going on said, "When we're done!" I told them I was doing some high-tech research near a big tree nearby and walked sheepishly away.