Tb Weirdness

ZoopD|ngle

I did this rather nice cache last weekend (GCHTT0). Outside the box there was a large freezer ziploc with half a dozen or so TBs in it. There was no indication on the cache page that the cache contained some bugs. I emailed the cache owner and his response was basically, "It's not my problem." He also mentioned something about a pig being a waste of skin? but I'm not sure what he meant. I did grab one of the bugs but I'm not sure what to do with it now.

I did this rather nice cache last weekend (GCHTT0). Outside the box there was a large freezer ziploc with half a dozen or so TBs in it. There was no indication on the cache page that the cache contained some bugs. I emailed the cache owner and his response was basically, "It's not my problem." He also mentioned something about a pig being a waste of skin? but I'm not sure what he meant. I did grab one of the bugs but I'm not sure what to do with it now.

Noticed on your log you only posted a note. You shoud give yourself credit for the find since that looks like a pretty difficult cache. :rolleyes:

I would just log the TB's as being in your possesion and post a note saying. "Found bug outside or (cache name) but bug wasn't logged as being in the cache. Bug is now in my possesion and I will move it on soon."

I grabbed the bug from the previous finder and will move it along ASAIC. (as soon as I can)

It's been a very interesting day email-wise. I've been emailing the cache owner back and forth all day. Very interesting tale. Hopefully someone else heads up there soon and grabs the remaining bugs.

AHA! Please run do not walk back to the cache and grab the entire lock and lock of travel bugs! It would appear that Trash-man has decided to release the travel bugs he's been collecting. Please go get them and grab them all online and release them as you go along, or get someone to do it for you, or post in your regional forums, do something! Trash-man was collecting bugs and I beleive has been banned and so he couldn't log them back in. These bugs have been awol for quite some time. He said he wanted to get them back out and it looks as though he's trying, but he can't log them. Dozens of cachers will thank you. Use the "grab" feature and not the "retrieve" feature, then log them into the cache you found them at and retrieve them from therre. I know is sounds like a bit of work, but this comes as good news. At least from your logs and logs on bugs and caches in the area, I beleive this is what has happened.

As far as the owner goes, he is a banned member, and will not be of any help to you. Please go go go now! Get some recruits! But do something! And thank you. I hope the cache is convenient for you to go back to. I logged one bug for him, but never heard anything else.

I wish I'd have problems like this! I usually see the exact opposite - a cache shows three bugs but when I open it I find none. I agree with other posters - go back and grab them, then send them on their way. Even if these aren't the work of the bug burglar (buglar?) the fates of the universe want you to give these things a ride.