Easygps Help

huskytown

I have d/l EasyGPS onto the desktop of my computer and I have gone through the set up problem is when I hook the GPS to the computer with the USB port I get this error message: The serial port you connected is receiving data from another device etc.. I have tried all of the USB ports.

No other devices are selected. ALSO, when I get to the SPS settings window in Easy GPS, the program will not let me change the COM post or the settings. The popup screen is locked.

Help and thanks!

Do you hook up a PDA on your 'puter? If so, the hot sync can hijack the port. On the hot sync icon, right click on it then select exit. That will free up the port for use by the GPSr.

Yes I do use the PDA and I exited Hot Sync but it still locks the screen to select the com port. Does EasyGPS work with USB hook-up? Help!

Thanks

Edited by huskytown

When setting up EasyGPS, there is a check box to use USB when setting up for particular type GPS...

Work you way through dropdown down menus "Files", "Preferences" and your particular GPS brand/model..

Also be sure you load USB drivers ( If you have them) for GPS before connecting GPS to computer.

Dale

Edited by Dale_Lynn
When setting up EasyGPS, there is a check box to use USB when setting up for particular type GPS...

Work you way through dropdown down menus "Files", "Preferences" and your particular GPS brand/model..

Also be sure you load USB drivers ( If you have them) for GPS before connecting GPS to computer.

Dale

USB is checked. Now I am pretty sure that the drivers were loaded with the Map source City select(I have transferred info re; routes etc) successfully. any ideas you have would be appreciated. Thanks

let's make sure we have this correct -

- you have the GPS connected with a USB cable

- you have the software set for USB

- and you are getting a Serial Port error ????

is that right? Does not sound good to me.

I don't use EasyGPS but I gotta say it has to have something to do with the program - either a setting or the installation. Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling?

Maybe you can get some help in the GPS & Software Forum. I believe there is an EasyGPS thread - if not start a new topic with your question.

cc\

let's make sure we have this correct -

- you have the GPS connected with a USB cable

- you have the software set for USB

- and you are getting a Serial Port error ????

is that right? Does not sound good to me.

I don't use EasyGPS but I gotta say it has to have something to do with the program - either a setting or the installation. Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling?

Maybe you can get some help in the GPS & Software Forum. I believe there is an EasyGPS thread - if not start a new topic with your question.

cc\

Yes all that is correct, but I have an Etrex Legend C and apparently the software requires that I set it to the Garmin 60gs so that it had USB port capability. Tried uninstall and reinstall.

One other thing-and this will really narrow it down, I just used City Select to d/l a route and it has been successful. SO Easy GPS--no connection and with Mapsource, it is fine.

At this point, I may go to GSAK if I can't get this figured out. Thanks

If you have MapSource I can not see why you would want to use EasyGPS at all. Premium Members can download .gpx files as well as .loc files. As a non-Premium Member you can also do pocket queries which are .gpx format. Be sure to go to Garmins web site and get the latest (I think it is 6.5) MapSource program update which lets MapSource open .gpx files. Any specific questions on this E-mail me ..... that's how we do it on our 60C :unsure: ImpalaBob