Re-approval?

Yes, submit the cache like you would any other for re-approval. That would be the easiest way. Or if it's archived you could email the original approver and let them know the situation and that you want to use the same cache page but with different coordinates and let them know the situation.

I'm assuming you own the cache in question. I had a similar situation (GCGF7F).

On gc.com, you can change the coordinates of the cache a short distance (this allows for corrected coordinates), but if you exceed those limits, the site will not allow you to save the edited page without reviewer approval.

I contacted my reviewer and in my case the reviewer approved a move of about 800 feet (to a spot in the same harbor that is less traveled by muggles), after insuring that the new location met all the listing guidelines.

It didn't require starting from scratch - just getting approval for the move. As the owner, you can contact the reviewer by logging in and clicking on the "Approved by" link in the lower left corner of your cache page.

If you do move the cache, please note it in the description, for the sake of those who have already found it!

Moving a cache even a few feet can produce a completely different experience sometimes. Those fifty feet can mean a completely different view, or a completely different challenge, or a completely different hide.

What I would use as my criteria is this: How significantly have I changed the experience that cachers would have?

If you're just replacing an ammo box under a rock pile with another ammo box under a rock pile, I'd just edit the old page.

If you're replacing a lamp post micro in a parking lot with a more devious hide in the trees a couple hundred feet away, it might be more appropriate in some cases to archive the original and submit a new cache.

Use your own best judgment and do what feels best for you.

Yes, submit the cache like you would any other for re-approval. That would be the easiest way. Or if it's archived you could email the original approver and let them know the situation and that you want to use the same cache page but with different coordinates and let them know the situation.

If its disabled and only being moved a short distance (under .1 mile) ithere is no need to go through the approval process again. That being said:

Moving a cache even a few feet can produce a completely different experience sometimes. Those fifty feet can mean a completely different view, or a completely different challenge, or a completely different hide.

I agree. If you are significantly changing the hunt, I'd say archive the old cache and submit a new one. If its a similar container just hidden under a different boulder 40 feet away, then just editing the old cache page is enough.

We have a little bit different situation here where an old traditional cache got vandelized and the owner changed it to a virtual without resubmitting it for approval. In my opinion its not a very good virtual, and there are several other traditional ones near by, so you know other people aren;t having so much trouble. I understand that its very hard to get a virtual cache approved these days, so i think the owner is just being lazy and trying to sneak in under the radar.