Travel Bugs Don't Add Up

ODragon

On my stats page it says I have found 12 TB, 2 Mtnbike coins, 2 USA Geocoins and 1 Jeep bug (total 17 bugs). (See image below)

TBcount.jpg

However, on the detailed list, it shows a total of 20 travellers found, see below.

It appears that 3 bugs are not being shown for some reason. Any idea why?

tbexact.jpg

The obvious complicating factor could be multiple logs on a single bug -- ever done that? Do you recall finding any bugs other than the ones on the list?

Yes I have but that's not the complicating factor. They don't appear to be taking that into consideration. I count 15 differently named travel bugs but it says I've only found 12.

Did you post a note instead of a retrieval or grab log for any bugs? It might be that posting a note will add a bug to your listing, but not the total found.

hmmm, that's a very interesting question I hadn't thought of...

Let me look...

After looking, it doesn't appear that you can get a bug using a note. You have to use the "found it" in order to grab it. I believe I did it the correct way each time. That was a great idea though.

Posting a note for whatever reason (such as "___ TB is definately not in ___ cache. It is MIA") will add the TB to the list when you seach for "Found" TBs.

The search should more accurately described as "Search for Bugs (that I don't own) but that have some sort of log entry by me".

Posting a note for whatever reason (such as "___ TB is definately not in ___ cache. It is MIA") will add the TB to the list when you seach for "Found" TBs.

The search should more accurately described as "Search for Bugs (that I don't own) but that have some sort of log entry by me".

ohhhh, than whomever above said that maybe it was a note thing was correct. I posted a picture to one i never had and had two marked missing...

So the below is a little misleading as I didn't actually find that many. I found and made notes in that many...

Search Travel Bugs

By Username (found): odragon [new search]

Thanks to all who helped me solve this...

interesting subject -

I checked mine - status shows 27 but there are 28 different TB's in the listing.

also another question - I can't find a legend to the symbols -

1 - cubes - gray bkgnd

2 - cubes - green bkgnd

3 - faces - green bkgnd

4 - faces - gray bkgnd

what do these mean?

5 - question mark for unknown is petty obvious

ok after some playing I see the cube means it is in a cache - the face means a person has it -

so what do the backgrounds mean?

cc\