Puzzle ? Info Request

I asked this in someone else's discussion instead of asking my own question so please don't answer both places.

I am new to the hiding caches game. I have hidden 1 traditional. I have been given access to a large area which was previously deemed a no geocaching zone by the owner. He has decided to let me set up a series of caches and share this beautiful scenery with geocachers. I want to do two multi type cache 2-3 legs and set up 2 different final caches. -or- I would like to set each multi leg up as an individual micro and place clues to a final cache so that they could get credit for each leg. Would that make/qualify the final cache a puzzle cache? I see the general requirements for posting a puzzle cache, but I am looking for more experienced advice from the community at large. We have some devious cache hiders up here and I want to try and stump them.

Thanks

If you set each micro with its own cache page, and the final "big" cache with its own page, it could be done both ways.

If the big cache has fake coords listed and the instructions say "Visit Cache 1, Cache 2, .... to find the coords to the container, it would be a puzzle because the posted coords are a location you do not need to visit.

If you set the coords of the big cache the same as one of the micros (I've seen this done), you could still set the page up telling cachers which caches to visit to get the actual coords. This would be a multi because the posted coords are a location you need to visit.

Keep in mind, if they are all seperate caches, you will need to remember the 528' rule for each.

Hope this helps.

This cache of mine Fox Den requires you to find six of my other caches, in order to derive the starting point. When your finished, you get seven smileys for your effort.

I haven't gotten any complaints yet about all the work involved. All logs were positive.

The listed coordinates for my Fox Den cache are not correct, and a small puzzle needs to be solved before you can find the actual cache. This is the reasoning behind it being classified as a mystery puzzle cache, not a multi.

If you want ideas, check my stats, I created 8 different types of puzzle caches.

Nice series "Kit Fox"! The only problem I see is that the last digits in the coordinates, C & F, might not really be necessary since without them you could get pretty close.

My brother and I recently created a similar series (Great River Road Passage series) in Iowa. We placed 7 regular caches with numbers on the inside lids. We then also placed a "bonus" two-stage multicache with numbers on the inside lid of the first stage. All of the 8 numbers then had to be added together to determine the coordinates for the second/final stage of the "bonus" cache. (See the description for the Great River Road Passage Bonus cache for details.) Like Kit Fox's series, each of the caches can be logged individually as well as being able to log the bonus cache to mark the completion of the entire series.

I'd be interested in how others have set up their series, especially if it includes a method for logging the completion of the series.

medoug.

Edited by medoug
Nice series "Kit Fox"! The only problem I see is that the last digits in the coordinates, C & F, might not really be necessary since without them you could get pretty close.

It was my first puzzle cache. Only one person found the puzzle, while missing one of the stages. He admitted it on his log. Yes this type of puzzle can be solved by "brute force," but the majority of cachers chose to find all the caches.

On my next "big puzzle caches," I made them a bit harder to solve. If you had not found the required "clue caches," solving the final coords would be a lot harder. Out Foxed and Mount Emma Mystery Cache