Is This The Right Time

GrizzlyJohn

Is anyone else having a problem with the time stamping on their posts? It looks to me like they are an hour behind. I checked my time zone setting and it is correct.

Did you check the Daylight Savings setting?

Did not see that one. Thanks that seemed to fix it.

So does that mean in the fall I will need to go back and uncheck it? I was just thinking that if my time zone was set correctly it would look at the server time and add or subtract the hours necessary set on my time zone setting.

As Mrs. Car54 has stated, the Indiana Legislature is looking at a change to their particular version of Daylight Saving Time.

But that still leaves Arizona, Hawaii, and the U.S. territories of Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, and American Samoa not observing DST but instead staying on "standard time" all year long.

Also there is a U.S. wide effort to extent DST an additional 2 months (start 1 month earlier, end 1 month later). I hope someone remembers to tell Bill Gates.

U.S could extend daylight savings time for two months

And as KA pointed out "this is an international forum"

"A trip around the world reveals that time isn't a synchronized science"

Not all places in the world observe daylight savings time, and this is an international forum, so it's best that the daylight savings change should be an optional checkbox.

In other words, blame Indiana. :D

Good point. Makes sense.

I am closing this question asked and answered. Thanks.

For those that feel the need to beat on Indiana and the rest open a new thread. ;)