Error Message - Dynamic Pages

NevaP

I have been trying to insert an image into a post in the way that has always worked for me: upload the photo from my hard drive file to my edit profile page, click on it, copy the url and paste it into the IMG box on the posting form.

I get an error message that says: Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed.

I haven't a clue as to what this means and what I am doing wrong. :rolleyes:

NevaP

I got that error one time myself, but now I can't quite remember what I did to get it. :rolleyes:

Are you copying the image address exactly into the blank after clicking the "IMG" button?

Now that I think about it . . . I think maybe what I did was leave off the http:// when I got that error . . .

Make sure you don't have dual img tags as in . I did that one and got the dynamic image error message.

I was using the url that appeared when I clicked on the photo on the edit my profile page because it wasdifferent for each photo and I assumed it was not the url for the page.

I just tried again in the test thread using the url that appears when I click on the photo and then on edit this photo. Same error message.

I checked and I didn't have http:// twice. The url was proceeded by and followed by Only one in each place. If I removed either one of these I got a link to the edit this photo page but not the photo inserted into the post.

NevaP, still perplexed

I think I have it working now, using a resized image and the url I get when I select the photo and then do the click for a larger image. I still have no idea what was causing the error message.

Aha! Your last post disclosed the nature of the problem. When you first click on an image in your profile page gallery, it takes you to the "edit an image" page. The link for *that* page will not work as an image link. You need to go the one step further and open the image all by itself onto a separate page. That is where you capture the unique URL for the image.