What Settings Do We Use For Communication

flir67

If you are going to load maps or waypoints directly to the Explorist, you use the file transfer option. The NMEA setting can be used to do live time tracking on mapping programs, I have only tried this out a few times with my older magellans and have not found a real need for it.

As far as transfer time, I loaded a TOPO map of about a third of Ca. onto my SD card while it was in my explorist, I think it took maybe 10 or 15 minutes, but I am not sure, I know it was a lot faster than it would have taken with my Meridain Gold.

thanks for the replies, yes Iam able to use the sd card, thats what my main question was about, but mostly the transfer speed. I thought they would be at topspeed such as usb 2.0 etc, transfer speeds

but it is faster than serial on my old sportrak color .

flir67-------

Can you load directly to the sd card, like we do with the meridan series using a card reader or a card slot on the pc??

Yes. In fact when the unit is plugged into a USB post, it becomes an SD card reader/writer. It behaves just like another drive to your PC.

Edited by Stunod