Cache Ideas

jtd18801

I’ve seen some really good caches in the past that really make you say wow, and tell everyone to find it, but then there are those caches that you find and put back with nothing special about them.

I was wondering if people have any good ideas like a magnet that said keep looking that was painted the same as an ammo where the log was at the bottom some thing like that or not just some really cool cache ideas.

Edited by jtd18801

Mon Cheri - Wedding Cache GCGC4J is still my favorite - where an Alabama couple set up a cache with nothing in it but wedding-related items (champagne glasses, garters, etc), went to France to marry, turned loose a Bride and Groom TB, and awaited the arrival of the TBs to the cache. Neat!

I have a toy-themed cache at the local YMCA, an easy-to-find ammo can with all toys for kids.

I have a Thunder-themed multi, with stages where a local road starts at a biker bar named Thunder Inn (name + thunder of motorcycles) which is next to a horse track (thunder of hooves) which is next to a shooting range (thunder of guns) which is next to a black Baptist Church (thunder from the pulpit) to a final in the woods, near a tree struck by lightning (natural thunder)!

Have fun,

Ed

It all depends on what type of cache you are wanting to place. You have the cache and dash ones for the quick find that add another smiley face to your count. Then you have the ones that have a story or a history lesson. You can tell that the cacher likes the hobby and wants to add to the community and not just to the numbers. :) I personnally like those type of caches and all of mine are like that....sort of. I like to incorporate puzzles in my caches. I get a lot of ideas from reading caches listed on the web. Drive around and look for local history. Read web pages on the history of your town and find locations that are interesting and don't already have a cache located there. My favorite one is my Gone But Not Forgotten cache. I was driving out in the woods looking around and found this lone grave. There is a metal plaque on the fence that states "Gone But Not Forgotten". The geocaching wheels started turning and I came up with the idea of a leave only cache, no trading of items. You leave something that reminds you of someone close to you who is gone but not forgotten. Read the post...everyone loves the area, the idea...and the momories. :lol: I try to make my caches fun, different, and memorable. Good luck and thanks for trying to make the caching community something better.

No, I am not saying there is anything wrong with the cache and dash caches...so there is no need in getting off topic and going there. :)

Edited by WARedBear

I usually don't like cache and dash caches. I get outside and possibly get to walk a bit and screw with my $300 sheet of paper replacer for awhile but they really add nothing to me.

JShoe impressed the living daylights out of me with their Dr Strangelove cache, and it's one of the best in my books. All the scenic locations in this park in one cache, and the hides are fantastic.

I'm on the fence about Virtuals also. I recently submitted one for review because I couldn't get the location owners permission (it's a business) but it was unique enough to warrent a cache there, or so I feel. Virtuals as a concept, however, are quite interesting. Virtuals give you the chance to make the finders jump through a set of hoops to claim them. I'm really thinking that I may setup a few action based virtuals for things like "in order to claim this, take a picture of yourself removing one piece of litter". I would love to see the concept used elsewhere aside of caches I'm submitting...