Why Is My Rhino 120 Not So Accurate Now?

new batteries but there were other units in the area. I was standing side by side with the guy holding a 60cs. A few other times, I didn't see anyone near us with a GPS.

There were a ton of rock formations and things near us, which I have heard can contain a magnetic force, but I'm not sure if that would screw with a GPS or not.

If it was only happening at one cache, and if the cache was next to the rockformation the GPS signal could have been bouncing off of the rocks if it was a large enough formation, I have had this happen to me when I was looking for a cache that was at the base of a large building, as I would get close the the building the GPS suddenly point to a point about 100 feet or more behind me.

I Have a Rino 120 as well. It has been kinda of loony lately too. I'm chalking it up to my inexperience. My son is coming home from college next week. I'm going to have him take a look at it and compare it to his Rino. His is the next step up - a 130?

Do you have WAAS on? I find that it has a negitive effect on my accuracy if there are high hills or trees around, which is pretty much everywhere where I live. I keep it off.

WAAS does not have a negitive effect on my accuracy. This is a myth, the key to WAAS is that the GPS has to run for at least 15 minutes in order to build up an almanac of data to make the proper corrections. I have had WAAS running on all my GPSr and have never had a problem with accuracy.

WAAS