Need Help From Iowa

KND

I read about two or three caches in Iowa a couple years ago that I thought I would like to check out if I ever got over there. I was sure I saved them, but now I can't find them anywhere, and don't remember their names. I may be going to Iowa this week so started to try to find them and came up with one (Bygone_Days GCG6GH) by looking through all the caches in Iowa. There are a LOT of caches in Iowa and I would like to find them all, but I will try to describe the other two I want and see if they ring a bell with anyone.

The first one I remember is about a tree in the middle of a road. I think it's in the middle of a junction where two rural roads cross.

I'm not even sure if this second one exists, I may have imagined it, but Is there one by a big rock that has a patriotic painting on it?

If anyone can help me out with these I would like to thank you in advance!

KND

Thanks for the offers Blue Deuce and Northwood Goonies. If I make it at all, it won't be a caching trip, just thought I may be able to pick up those I had read about once that sounded really interesting to me.

Thanks to Blue Deuce for the tip on Freedom Rock. Sure sounds like it would be a good place for a cache, even a micro or a virtual. I'll try to check it out anyway, looks like it's real close to I80.

And thanks to you Keystone Approver. That's the exact forum topic where I remembered reading about them! Thought I had saved it just in case, but couldn't find it. I'm suprised you had that info at your fingertips like that as it looks like you are from clear across the country. Glad you were reading the Great Plains Forum, do you do that often? I have read many of your posts and they are always informative.

Thanks again to all

KND

Happy to help, KND. Yes, I may live in Pennsylvania, but I try to follow all of the forums as best I can. The people in the Great Plains states are very nice, so I also like to take geocaching road trips there. I have about 60 finds in Nebraska and a dozen or so more in Kansas, Missouri and Iowa. I look forward to my next trip, and maybe someday I will do that interesting tree cache!

As for having the info at my fingertips, I am a geocaching idiot savant. I can remember forum posts and cache finds from two years ago, but I have no idea where I put my car keys.

Happy to help, KND. Yes, I may live in Pennsylvania, but I try to follow all of the forums as best I can. The people in the Great Plains states are very nice, so I also like to take geocaching road trips there. I have about 60 finds in Nebraska and a dozen or so more in Kansas, Missouri and Iowa. I look forward to my next trip, and maybe someday I will do that interesting tree cache!

As for having the info at my fingertips, I am a geocaching idiot savant. I can remember forum posts and cache finds from two years ago, but I have no idea where I put my car keys.

Look in the freezer.