Caching In Groups

Have you ever gone out with friends who Geocache and find yourself looking at long lists trying to figure out what caches nobody in the group has done? I have done this several times and I am usually the problem child in that I have done more than the rest of the group. The solution is GSAK. Yes I am a registered user and each time I see something I want to do, I can make it work through GSAK. This being no exception. I simply made a new database called “GROUP” and asked the other cachers to send me their GPX files. I placed all of the files into one folder and loaded the entire folder into the new database. Did my sorts to shorten the list and “Presto” I have a working list of caches that all of us can do. We spend more time caching and less time trying to figure out what caches we can go and do. Thanks Clyde. Great job…

-=> The Ghost <=- :blink:

From what you describe, you have simply merged GPX files. What have you done to make sure the caches were in every GPX file in the folder? What would happen if YOU had found cache GCXXXX and I had not? Since it will be in my GPX file, but not yours, what prevents it from showing up in your new combined list?

Edited by Stunod
From what you describe, you have simply merged GPX files. What have you done to make sure the caches were in every GPX file in the folder? What would happen if YOU had found cache GCXXXX and I had not? Since it will be in my GPX file, but not yours, what prevents it from showing up in your new combined list?

Because the GPX files include all the caches each person has found, in this situation all you need to do is set a filter on "not found"

This will give you a subset of all the caches that no one in the group has found

Note: To get this method to work you must select the "found status update option" to Found only when loading each GPX file (otherwise the "not found" status of a cache that person A has not found will change the found status of person B that has found it)

Note: To get this method to work you must select the "found status update option" to Found only when loading each GPX file (otherwise the "not found" status of a cache that person A has not found will change the found status of person B that has found it)

That part clears it up...Thanks Clyde!