Greek to me

Calapooia Gang

icon_rolleyes.gif Hi!!!! I am really excited to get going but everything is totally greek to me. Pleaseeeee tell me it gets better. I purchased a Magellan 315 and I'm just not sure how to start. I am hoping to have a neighbors help this week. Any help on a Magellan 315 would be greatly appreciated. I never saw the last message that I posted ever show up anyplace. What happened? Looking forward to Geo caching and any help will be wonderful.

Thanks a bunch

Calapooia Gang Greek to me

I just got a Magellan 315 also, and was a little intimidated at first, but figuring it out as we go. 1st, learn to download the easyGPS waypoints. Then when you have some in there, hit "goto", "user" then there should be list of whatever you downloaded, listed by the GC*** name, arrow down until the one you want is highlighted, then "enter", then hit "nav" 3 times. This will bring you to the screen with the compass on it. This is all we have used so far, and we have 11 finds. This screen lists your distance and points you where you need to go, gets us to within a couple of feet. Also, check what version you have, when you turn the power on, press enter, then if it says rev 3.15, or similar, than you have the latest version, if its something other than 3.15, you need to download it from the magellan website, or search for it on this forum, a couple of people have listed the link recently. Good Luck! Hope this helped somewhat.

Did your new Magellan come with a user's manual? I just bought a MAP330 (also by Magellan) and they have their support site back online where you can download manuals.

I learned a lot today just by playing around with mine...walking to the store, looking up how to do things with it.

Magellan Web Site

Go to support there and chose from your model.

From what I hear, you may want to make sure your software is current as well.

Holly Selden

Hey Gang,

You'll be surprised at how quickly you pick it up. Your first couple of finds might be frustrating and you won't be sure which buttons to press, but very quickly, you'll be using your 315 with one hand while keeping an eye out for the cache.

I don't own a 315, so I can't help much with that...

Jamie

I like to think I know my 315 better than the back of my hand (its third birthday was the 8th). But I have never memorized the screen sequence, I just push the button until I get to the right screen. Weird, eh?

I find it works best to sit down with it and the manual and try things. Change every thingy they suggest (you can always reset the memorey if you mess something up). After that take the manual and the GPS out to a park and practice marking, entering, and going to waypoints.

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.