Suggestion To Improve Courtesy

CacheMonkeez

When you go to post a new log, the log page says:

In reference to: Cache Name (Traditional Cache)

There is no reference to the cache owner so when I go to say thanks, I don't know whose name to put down. Couldn't we add "by CacheOwner" to the line above? I'd rather say thanks by name than just "TFTC".

Edited by CacheMonkeez

This is a great idea! Since I rarely remember to grab the owner's name from the cache page when I start the logging process, I've always had to handle this by popping back and forth between the cache page and the log page. It isn't a big problem to do it this way, but by simply having the owner's name included at the top of the log page, the cut-and-paste of the owner's name for inclusion in the log would be trivial! And saving of two page refreshes to boot.

Thanks for suggesting this, ... um ... wait - give me a second to look up the name of the person who posted this ....

Oh, yeah, CacheMonkeez!

In reference to: Cache Name (Traditional Cache)

There is no reference to the cache owner so when I go to say thanks, I don't know whose name to put down. Couldn't we add "by CacheOwner" to the line above? I'd rather say thanks by name than just "TFTC".

Just open the log submission page in a new tab (or window, if you're still using a browser from the last century).

Just open the log submission page in a new tab (or window, if you're still using a browser from the last century).

Obviously there are ways to get to the cache owner's name, but I agree with the OP that it would be more efficient to just include this small additional amount of information on the log page as suggested.

In reference to:  Cache Name (Traditional Cache)

Yea, there are obvious ways around this, but in the excitement of writing a log and by the time I'm at the end of the log saying thanks, I've forgotten who owned the cache. Adding the information at the top of the log page would provide the information easily to allow me to say thanks by name.

How about a drop-down menu with several possible things we could say about the cache?

• Another stinky one...
  • TNLNSL
  • Wow! That was the best cache ever.
  • The first time that I went to Springfield, I was lamenting the loss of my girlfriend. We had only been together for a few months, but I missed her terribly...

:unsure:

The dropdown menu is a good idea...here are my submissions:

* Left the lid loose so water would soggy the logs

* Acted like a doofus and let everyone in the park know there was something cool stashed in the bushes

* Put a knife and some fireworks in the cache for the kids

* Wow cool hiding spot! It was (in/under/hanging) (on/in) (the tree / the big rock/ the small rock / the lampost / the big bush/ the small bush/ the flower pot) where I never would have thought to look!

* DNF this cache, muggles must have grabbed it.

Edited by mantis7