Newbie In Kentucky

kadee1103

:) I had my first hunt a couple weeks ago, and like everyone else here I am hooked! It's great fun. My cohort and I purchased a Magellan Meridian Gold and it seems to do a fine job. I am in Central Ky area and was wondering how many fellow geocachers there are in this area. Happy hunting all! Edited by kadee1103
:) I had my first hunt a couple weeks ago, and like everyone else here I am hooked! It's great fun. My cohort and I purchased a Magellan Gold and it seems to do a fine job. I am in Central Ky area and was wondering how many fellow geocachers there are in this area. Happy hunting all!

Where in central ky are you? There are several groups around here. I am in Louisville but travel to Lexington and down to London/Manchester at least once a month.

hi kaydee =) i'm in the lexington area and there's a decent sized group of cachers around - plenty in louisville, plenty in e-town. and several scattered in different directions otherwise -

check out the geocky webpage (GEOCachers of KentuckY) for more local info!

feel free to ask quetions, advice, whatever - and welcome to the addiction!

jenn

the white diamond pirates

I am also a newbie, having just gotten home from my very FIRST day of seeking geo-caches. I live near Bernheim Forest and found there were about 21 caches there, so I thought that might be a good place to start. I found 5 in a leisurely afternoon of hunting. Great fun! Some took a little looking around for in order to find. I have a Magellan Sport Topo and love it now that I am beginning to get comfortable with it. I had never used a GPS until the last few months, so I am obviously still in the infancy of learning its capabilities.

Crazy hiders and silly muggles! I really love the look of complete bewilderment on their faces when they spot you in the middle of a hot search. I made the mistake of trying to explain one day, when I was questioned what we were doing. Total uncomprehension. So that was my lesson for the day, no explanations. he he have a great day all and happy caching.

Hey all:

Just wanted to give a heads up on some upcoming Lexington KY events; we would love to see all of you.... everyone is welcome!

Saturday 05-21-2005:

Geocky Gives Back – Raven Run Revamp

Tuesday 05-31-2005:

May Cacher Exchange event

Saturday 06-11-2005:

Captain Koneko Sets Sail for MA

Drop me an e-mail if you have any questions!

sun-moon-starz aka Kris :antenna: