Explorist Alarms

When I received my eXplorist 100, I must have been out of my mind. I set it up to display an alarm when I am half a mile off course and when I am within 250 feet of my destination. A few weeks ago, I got fed up with these and have been looking for how to turn them off ever since, but that seems to be elusive. It's certainly not in the preferences menu. Anyone have any idea?

Do you remember setting up the alarm?

I also have a alarm srceen that comes up on mine.

I click the arrow key and it clears it off the screen.

I would also like to know how to turn it off.

I have search the online manual and the help menu on the Explorist 100, but I can't find anything even said about the alarm.

I'm guessing you can not turn it off or it's some secret key combo you have to do when you power it up. :)

If you can't turn it off, can you set it for unreasonable values that you'll never reach. Like more than 100 miles off course, or within 100 miles of destination. Or maybe 1 foot from destination would work better?

I asked if it could be changed or turned off.

I was put on hold for about 30 seconds and when he came back I was told "no, it could not be changed or turned off on the 100".

I don't think you actually "set it up" to trigger the alarms at the distances you mentioned.

The gps units tell you when you are off course by a default amount, and they tell you when you are within 250 feet of your destination.

When these alarms come on, just click on the joystick (i.e., the "enter" function) and the alarm will go away.