Where Can I Find City Coordinates?

Spyder13 Posted on Mar 17 2005, 03:38 PM

I'd like to find the coordinates for the cities of Alkmaar and Blaricom

I had never used the site posted by junglehair. Have to remember it for future reference. Unless there is an option I missed, one thing that would make it a little more user friendly would be the ability to look up a city WITHOUT having to know the Province first. Of course you probably already know both cities are in the Noord-Holland Province. And the second city on your list is actually Blaricum, probably just a typo.

Thought Blaricom looked strange in my address book. Took a second closer look and sure enough my scribbled U definitely resembles an O. Guess I need to take handwriting 101 again :unsure:

But another problem arises. I used the coordinates for Blaricum and the pocket query shows caches in the UK. Decided to use the coordinates for Amsterdam since I know there is at least one cache there. It also gave me the UK.

Must be doing something wrong. Here is what I used for Amsterdam:

Amsterdam

Coordinates

UTM : FU30

Geographical coordinates in decimal degrees (WGS84)

Latitude : 52.350

Longitude : 4.917

This is from my pocket query:

Decimal Degrees

N 52.350000

W 004.917000

The results only show four caches - all in the UK - definitely not within the 30 miles radius I requested :blink:

Any clues as to what I might be doing incorrectly?

I input those same coordinates and returned a whole bunch of Netherlands caches. By any chance, do you have just the U.K. checked in the "countries" section of your pocket query setup form? Perhaps you could post a link to your query page, as the coordinates certainly seem correct.

EDIT: Moun10Bike beat me to the correct answer. I didn't notice the "W" and input the "E" just because I knew that!

Edited by Keystone Approver