ksmvav

I would like to suggest that when you click to log into the geocaching site, that you are taken to your account page directly. I find that almost every time I click the link in the upper right to log in, enter my username and password, that my next action is to go to my page that shows activity.

Has this ever been discussed before? Thanks for the consideration!

ksmvav.

Would it work if you just bookmarked that page and went there that way? Otherwise what would be the point of having a welcome page at all. No one would ever see it. I think this might be the easiest solution for any individual who wants to start at a different page. Hope that helps.

Click on "my account" first, then log in. It will redirect you to the "my account" page.

The behavior of the site is to take you back to whatever page you were on before you logged in. If you just flip your clicks, you'll get the behavior you want.

...or you can always bookmark Geocaching.com/my instead of Geocaching.com. If you're not logged in or the cookie expires, you'll be taken to the login page - and after you login, you'll go directly to your account.

I VERY rarely go directly to the front page anymore.

...or you can always bookmark Geocaching.com/my instead of Geocaching.com. If you're not logged in or the cookie expires, you'll be taken to the login page - and after you login, you'll go directly to your account.

I VERY rarely go directly to the front page anymore.

That's what I do. At least when I'm not going straight to the forums. :rolleyes:

The behavior of the site is to take you back to whatever page you were on before you logged in.

Which is the sensible option. When the cookie expires and I need to log in, I don't want to be taken to a different page and have to navigate my way back to the page I was looking at.

The cookie expires?

I've never had to log in again unless we've deleted the cookies in our computer.

The cookie expires?

OK, that's an assumption on my part because it seems the most likely explanation.

If I've not visited GC.com from a particular computer for a while then I have to log in. No, I don't know what "a while" consititutes in this case.

Just tried it on the laptop, which hasn't visited GC.com in weeks, and had to log in manually.

Of course, any of this could be down to settings on my PCs. Any advice gratefully received.