Superimposing Your Tracks Over Maps On The Web

I am leaving in a couple of days for a driving trip across the country, and I wondered if there was a website somewhere where I can upload my tracks somehow so that others could see on a map not only where I am, but where I've been.

If anyone could help me out with this I would be very happy.

"Screen shot" the GPS map with your tracks displayed (Asuming you have the GPS mfrs mapping program)on your computer using the "Print Screen" key. Then create a jpeg picture using Windows Paint in Accessories. You can email the picture or post it on your web site.

I use this awesome freebie program: USAPhotoMaps to do just exactly that. It allows you to download your GPS tracks & waypoints then fills the screen with TerraServer.com aerial photos (black/white) at various resolutions, or USGS Topo maps at various scales.

With this program you could create multiple sections of topo showing your tracks. You save each section as a "screen shot" .jpg. The number of images would depend on the scale you choose. For example, for track maps over topo, at the "widest" scale of 32 meter resolution, the screen image is about 10 mi across. However, you can create much larger areas by following the directions under: File/Boundaries for Big Jpg.

I think 10mi maps might pose a problem for a road trip that is over 6000 miles. What I wanted to hear was that something like Google maps has a feature where you can just upload your tracks, and it shows it as a route on their map, so that others can check it out too.