Palm Zire And Wifi And Geocaching.com?

Cache Liberation Front

Hi all,

I just bought the SD wifi card for my Palm Zire 72. It works like a charm, but using the Blazer browser, geocaching.com doesn't work worth spit.

Any tips on how I can get geocaching.com to work with my Palm wifi? Maybe I need a different browser? Is there a special geocaching.com/palm site which renders better (w/o java?) on PDAs?

Thanks,

Oy.

Hmm, I thought I tried this on my Zire 72 and everything was fine. Maybe I need to try it again with the latest changes. My problem with the Zire and wifi is that Palm's Wifi card has no SD memory (there is a sandisk version that does, but is currently not compatible with the Zire 72). So basically, I can do Wifi or Tomtom Navigator but not both. Guess which one of those two wins. :ph34r:

--Marky

My new Zire72 included a copy of PalmOne WebPro v3.5 on the CD-ROM -- seems to be a reasonably capable web browser, but it does not understand UTF-8, so I see odd characters in cache pages. No built-in Java, but PalmOne also has links for downloading a java engine, and I wonder if that would work with pocket-queries..

I don't have a net connection for my Zire72, but those of you that do have one might want to try that combination (WebPro + java download).

Cheers