"are You Sure" Messages

shunra

I just was putting a couple of caches into my new Ignore list, and for each of them, I was asked if I was sure I wanted to ignore the Tache. That seemed like an unnecessary hassle. It should be easy to move the cache out of the Ignore list again.

I have always thought the same about that confirmation message needed to remove a cache from the watch list. We really don't need that.

On the other hand, I just deleted a pocket querie by mistake, after I made a small modification. No confirmation request, nothing. It was gone immediately, entirely. I went back to the previous page - the data was stil there - and tried to resubmit it, and even got a confirmation that my modification had been saved, but that didn't change the fact that the PQ itself was gone. I had to recreate it from scratch. Now this is where a "are you sure" message would have been useful.

FWIW, the change I had made to the PQ was checking the new "exclude caches on ignore list" box. I think that that box should be checked by default. After al, when we start an ignore list, it is because we want to ignore a cache, and modifying up to 20 PQs should not be necessary...

My 2 cents.

Oh, FWIW, I love the new features, and the new look in general. Thanks!

Edited by shunra
I just was putting a couple of caches into my new Ignore list, and for each of them, I was asked if I was sure I wanted to ignore the Tache. That seemed like an unnecessary hassle. It should be easy to move the cache out of the Ignore list again.

I have always thought the same about that confirmation message needed to remove a cache from the watch list. We really don't need that.

On the other hand, I just deleted a pocket querie by mistake, after I made a small modification. No confirmation request, nothing. It was gone immediately, entirely. I went back to the previous page - the data was stil there - and tried to resubmit it, and even got a confirmation that my modification had been saved, but that didn't change the fact that the PQ itself was gone. I had to recreate it from scratch. Now this is where a "are you sure" message would have been useful.

FWIW, the change I had made to the PQ was checking the new "exclude caches on ignore list" box. I think that that box should be checked by default. After al, when we start an ignore list, it is because we want to ignore a cache, and modifying up to 20 PQs should not be necessary...

My 2 cents.

Oh, FWIW, I love the new features, and the new look in general. Thanks!

bump

I agree that this is a bit conflicting.

You can easily remove a cache from a bookmark or watchlist (or you should be able to, not sure if all the bugs are out - but at the very least you WILL be able to after the bugs are worked out if they exist - or something like that).

It's not as easy to remake a PQ. There's definetly NOT a confirmation message there for PQ's.

I think the confirmation on every bookmark/ignore/watchlist is a bit much.

I think there SHOULD be one on PQ's.

sd