Waas

ok, I just dont get it. I cant figure out for the life of me how to get this waas thing going. I have a garmin legand. Reading the owner manual and looking at posts online i know that i have to have it on normal and not battery saver and the waas enabled. I done both and let sit for 20 mintues and still no such luck. Is there anything i am missing? Found first cache today but only could get the accuracy within 15 feet. I guess that's not bad since the cache was hidden only 5 feet away when i hit zero. Still, if my gps has waas you think I should at least use it. In Utah as well if that helps. Sry about spelling, i know horrible.

greg

In the US, the two WAAS satellites are 35 which is over the equator off the Atlantic coast and 47 over the equator in the Pacific (around Hawaii). The first time you want your GPS receiver to receive WAAS correction data it needs to search for the satellites and get data on their location in the sky. That's why it takes an extended period of time to initially get WAAS reception. Be sure the receiver is in a location where it has an unobstructed view to either the southeastern or southwestern horizon (preferably unobstructed views to both). The satellite page should then show which WAAS satellite(s) is being received and the signal strength bars of any satellites for which correction data is being applied will have a little "D" on them.