Unusual Error Message

webscouter.

I was using a geocaching tool that has a link to the results of one of my pocket queries. When I clicked on the query name from the query page it gave me this error message.

Does anyone know what this might mean? I clicked on cancel but need to know if the geocaching tool is trying to get information from me or my geocaching habits. Is it a spyware type product?

3bd040d9-658a-4634-acf2-e2ee1ea539c5.jpg

Hey webscouter,

I tried to Google your error (using the entire link you provided), the return I got was “no results” in 0.044 sec.

Can you post what program you were using, that caused the error. If you choose not to post the program ( how about a pm or email).

You may also want to try an email to the programmer, or check the web site of the program, to see if teh have a forum area.

We need more info, to try and help.

SF1

cid is a Content ID. Often it's used for embedding images and other things in a mail message.

How it relates to the PQ and your software, I don't know.

All it was trying to do is follow a link that it didn't recognize. It seems that your browser wasn't able to handle the link the way it is written. Is this reproducible?

It's not spyware, but some embedded viruses in e-mails have used cid type links in the mail message to fake you into clicking on them. By your description, I highly doubt this is the case at all.