Wsga Caches Along A Route?

Bull Moose

Latest I have heard from TPTB is that they are working on it. It would be nice if local groups would adopt a stretch of HW and post the caches say within a mile of it and keep it up to date on a website. For example it would be fairly easy to adopt the road from Hood Canal Bridge to the Tacoma Narrows Bidge. Anyone interested in traveling that section would be able to look at all those caches and get a pq for them. Just an idea. I do it the hard way by just working my way along the road using just nearest caches. Good luck Matt. Dick, W7WT

A while ago I thought I read that the good folks at WSGA were developing a tool to find caches along a route like an interstate using gpx files. However, I don't see anything on the WSGA site.

Was I just having a wonderful dream? Just wondering, since I have a road trip coming up...

If you don't find the arc file you need on the Routes Page, let me know and I can create a custom one for you.

It would be nice if local groups would adopt a stretch of HW and post the caches say within a mile of it and keep it up to date on a website. For example it would be fairly easy to adopt the road from Hood Canal Bridge to the Tacoma Narrows Bidge. Anyone interested in traveling that section would be able to look at all those caches and get a pq for them.

It would be great to be able to do that, but redistributing the data in Pocket Queries is a violation of the site's Terms of Use. For now we have to be content with giving people the tools to use their own Pocket Queries to find the caches they want.

It would be nice if local groups would adopt a stretch of HW and post the caches say within a mile of it and keep it up to date on a website. For example it would be fairly easy to adopt the road from Hood Canal Bridge to the Tacoma Narrows Bidge. Anyone interested in traveling that section would be able to look at all those caches and get a pq for them.

It would be great to be able to do that, but redistributing the data in Pocket Queries is a violation of the site's Terms of Use. For now we have to be content with giving people the tools to use their own Pocket Queries to find the caches they want.

Thanks for the info. What you are doing looks like it would solve the need. Dick, W7WT

If you don't find the arc file you need on the Routes Page, let me know and I can create a custom one for you.

Seattle to Missoula oughta just about cover it, thanks.

I'm just doing some testing with GSAK, my gpx files, and the arc it produced. It's fantastic!

I know the W in WSGA stands for Washington, but are there any plans to expand the range of the tool?

Edited by Bull Moose
I know the W in WSGA stands for Washington, but is there any plans to expand the range of the tool?

Not explicitly, but since we want to serve the needs of WSGA members, I figured that we would add data as members need it. So, if someone ends up doing Wenatchee -> San Francisco -> Reno, we could add those routes and over time build up a catalog.

I know the W in WSGA stands for Washington, but is there any plans to expand the range of the tool?

Not explicitly, but since we want to serve the needs of WSGA members, I figured that we would add data as members need it. So, if someone ends up doing Wenatchee -> San Francisco -> Reno, we could add those routes and over time build up a catalog.

Cool.

And to think, I just paid my 2005 dues today....

Later in the year I may ask to extend I-90 to Sioux Falls. :rolleyes: