Anyone Here A Geocacher In Plattsburgh Ny?

thekafka

although i am not a pburgh cacher, i have cached in pburgh in the winter. we do it all the time. come to think of it, i can't remember a single pburgh cache that i've found without snow on the ground.

no, wait... i can think of a few. but it's a winter caching kind of town if you ask me.

Hi,

I live a little south and west of you in the Saranac Lake area, but I've found a number of caches in Plattsburgh, most of them in wintertime. Welcome to geocaching! Have a great time, it's a wonderful way to enjoy the outdoors, have some fun, and meet some really nice people. Drop me a line if you get down to my neck of the woods, and would like to go caching.

nfa-jamie

I used to live on Plattsburgh Airforce Base (before it was decomissioned) 26 years ago. No geocaching back then, but I was suprised to see 'Plattsburgh' in the forum. Definitely a winter town :unsure: I remember back in the winter of 1977, we had got 10 feet of snow dropped on us :unsure: and my father grumbling about shoveling out the front door with the snow over his head.

I remember that winter, SilverLynx! I was living in Champlain at the time (about 25 miles north of Plattsburgh). That much snow at one time was unusual for that area, but I moved there from Buffalo, so I was used to it.

We are trying to plan a trip to the P'burgh/Lake Placid area but we'll be there in warmer weather. Good luck, Kafka!

I remember that winter, SilverLynx! I was living in Champlain at the time (about 25 miles north of Plattsburgh). That much snow at one time was unusual for that area, but I moved there from Buffalo, so I was used to it.

We are trying to plan a trip to the P'burgh/Lake Placid area but we'll be there in warmer weather. Good luck, Kafka!

30 degrees below zero this morning in Lake Placid...brrrrrr!

peachypa, drop me a line when you're coming through if you want, and we can hit a couple of caches, climb a mountain, or grab some coffee.

nfa-jamie

LOL, I moved from Plattsburgh to Buffalo, and was there 20+ years before I moved out to Connecticut. Spent christmas in Buffalo this year, alot of nice caches in the area. Buffalo winters are definitely snowy ones.