User Name

Jäger Meister

Another cacher has a user name that I would like to have. He has made 2 finds and hasn't logged in since Feb 2004. Is there a time on your account before it becomes inactive?

Lemme guess: You're talking about Jägermeister? :D

There has been occasions when an obsolete username has been modified or removed in order to 'release' the name, but I doubt less than a year is enough.

Another cacher has a user name that I would like to have.  He has made 2 finds and hasn't logged in since Feb 2004.  Is there a time on your account before it becomes inactive?

Lemme guess: You're talking about Jägermeister? :D

There has been occasions when an obsolete username has been modified or removed in order to 'release' the name, but I doubt less than a year is enough.

Yeah, and in a lot those cases they were not validated accounts or had no history.

Since the other account has two finds, it has a history. It may become and remain inactive, but because of its history, I doubt it would ever be reassigned to someone else.

In the long run we will need a way to archive names the same as we archive caches. When I'm dead and gone there is no reason that Renegade Knight should not be made available. Though RK Jr. would be my first choice to get the now available name.

If we don't then it will be like eBay with Viper92987108374 being the only way to tell Viper92987208374 apart from each other.

I wanted Anonymous but it was taken so I had to add an apostrophe on the end. The cacher hasn't found any caches and was used to hide to caches so people didn't know who hid them. I really wanted that name.

anonymous

If Jeremy reads this thread I was just wondering if we could talk about me getting that name.

Edited by Anonymous'