Well, This Should Be Interesting To See.....

fly46

You know those offers where you answer 500 stupid questions about mortgages and working at home and then you finally get to the end of the survey and almost have your "free" product and then they tell you that you have to complete a successful offer to get the product?

Well, today's offer was to get a free GPSr. So I figured I'd do the survey and get to the end and see what the offers were. One of the offers was Columbia House, which I was going to join anyway.

Lets take bets... How many of you think I'll actually receive my new receiver by the end of April?

ack!!!.. be prepared for hundreds and hundreds of emails. From someones geocaching website I got sucked into one of those endless questionnaires for the 'free' prize.

They will sell your information to ALL of their affiliates and it just never seems to end. Everytime you submit "unsubscribe" it only confirms your email address too.

Will you get the gps... let us know but I doubt it.

I have an email account that I only use for free offers and to accept spam.

My regular email account I don't use for stuff like this.

Will I get 5000000 stupid emails? Oh yea. Will anyone care other than yahoo? lol. Doubtful. :D

My only choices for GPSr were the eTrex yellow, which I have and use, and Magellan's version of that, so I requested the Magellan. I figured it'd be a good test to see how the different brands work - and I'd like to have a backup.

ack!!!.. be prepared for hundreds and hundreds of emails. From someones geocaching website I got sucked into one of those endless questionnaires for the 'free' prize.

They will sell your information to ALL of their affiliates and it just never seems to end. Everytime you submit "unsubscribe" it only confirms your email address too.

Will you get the gps... let us know but I doubt it.

You can't unsubscribe fast enough to keep up with the new spammers. Sometimes you have to change your email address. :rolleyes:<_<

I've been seeing one for an iPOD on m-w.com (some regulars use words I have to look up). The fine print was interesting. Paraphraseing. "if you complete all the surveys, and follow through on 3 of 10 offers withing the alloted time and send us proof you will get the iPOD"

It looked legit but they didn't tell me how much I'd be spending on the offers.

It will be interesting to see if you get your Magellan.

Better than doing 3 offers yourself are the ones where you pass among your friends their chance to do an offer for you.

You do one offer. You get 5 friends to do an offer in your name (in turn also doing their own offer that way...and only needing 5 friends to help them get something free). You get a free something.

Often one of the offers has an immediate removal policy and a free start-up period. For example, I began my journey to a free iPod and did the AOL Broadband sign-up. I discontinued 3 days later (27 days free to go before my first charge) and aside from getting some hassle from their retention people on the phone for 10-15 minutes, I was done. I was already getting stupid AOL cd's in the mail and I've never seen a bill from them...so I'm at status quo and my one offer was completed. Of course, you have to weigh the cost of bothering your friends against the cost of the device. I ended up winning a poker tournament and buying an iPod a day or two later.

I haven't seen any GPSr deals like the iPod deal (where you bother your friends or use 5 different e-mail and physical addresses)...but if I do, I'll add them to this thread.