Who Reviews The Local Caches...

ibycus

I was wondering why in some cases one reviewer reviews a cache in an area, and in others another will review a cache in the same area. At one point, I think our local reviewer was cache-advance (Alberta), but from what I've heard he doesn't do it anymore. Lately most of my caches have been reviewed by either mtn-man (Atlanta, GA), or cache-tech (Somewhere in Canada (Quebec/Ontario?)), neither of which are particularly local.

Personallly I couldn't care less who reviews my cache (Well to be honest I'd prefer a local, but it doesn't seem like we have a local), I'm just curious how our local caches go through the review process, are they 'assigned' to a given reviewer? or does a reviewer request a series of caches to review?

Just idle curiosity.

Thanx.

Reviewers are assigned areas to review. This is done by working with Hydee regarding areas she would like us to review. In some cases there is overlap of two or more reviewers in some areas. We are assigned areas rather than specific caches. All caches come into a central review queue and we select the caches that are in our areas. We have sorting features that allow us to look at a specific state, province or country, depending on the area.

If a reviewer takes a break you may see other reviewers check your caches. For example, I am going to take a week off soon for a vacation and I have no idea if an internet connection will be available (I will be looking at sand and surf most likely anyway :D ). I will ask people at that time to help me with areas that I cover.