Nroute

Crusso

I just downloaded nRoute and was wondering if anyone else was using it? I have a laptop in my Jeep connected to my Garmin V and running Mapsource. From what I can see, nRoute works with MapSource's maps but as a stand alone program. The voice prompts are cool but the biggest feature I can see is that I can run one route on my V while I run another on the laptop. Also, I don't know if it's just me but routing calculations in nRoute seems to be much faster than in the V. Anyone else have any other hints/pointers on nRoute?

Edited by Crusso

I've loaded it on my laptop and hooked it up to my 60C, but haven't really used it much. It looks like it would turn a Yellow Etrex into a autorouting big screen mapping GPSr if you don't mind toting a laptop around (which, in the car, is no big deal). Of course, you have to have Metroguide 4 or CS6 to do the routing on, but NRoute itself is free.

I used it right before I got the 60cs. How come nobody told me about it sooner?

The voice prompts are VERY loud, and the route will calculate alot faster because of the processing power of your PC.

The downside, you have to bring your laptop. And I hate bring it along because I spill stuff on it.

Joe Smith