Under Water Caches?

roscoe615

I have been reading a lot of the different posts about different 5/5 caches. I have heard of some that require climbing gear (Tube Torcher, Highwater) but was wondering if anybody knows of some that require the scuba gear. Being an avid diver, I wanted to integrate both scuba and GC together.

Please post any tough caches that you might know of, but the "water" caches in-particular! Thanks for your time!!

- ROSCOE615

How cool is THAT! I was thinking about posting the same subject. I don't know of any, but will be watching this topic. A sunken ship would be great. They sunk an old warship off of Victoria, BC a few years back that would be cool for a cache, even if it was just a plaque with an underwater logbook -- has anyone done this? I don't know.

When I was in the nassau bahama's on my honeymoon we dived off of stuart cove and found a sunken trawler and airplane. They just happened to have been placed there for the filming of the movie jaws way back when. I always thought that it would have been cool to make it a cache site. Given the fact that i didn't have my gps and I had no idea how to actually place something down there. Even if i did I don't think it would have gotten approved as a virtual.

I hope someone will post a link to one I have been meaning to look up.

It's in a deep pool, under a waterfall, in the Eastern Sierras, near Reno or Carson City.

I don't think it's a true scuba cache, but I think it is rated 5/5. Anyone know it? I want to do it on my next trip home.

Also, there's a blue hole in Santa Rosa, New Mexico, that's just begging for a real 5/5. It's over 80 feet deep and puts out over 2,500+ gallons a minute.

I'm new to GC but, assuming no one does it before me, I'd like to place a cache in my local diver's quarry. Depths to around 80-90 feet, TONS of sunken junk to play with and to hide caches in -- busses, tractors, etc.

Anyone have thoughts on construction of an underwater cache? I was thinking of drilling holes in a tupperware and hooking the lid on with zip ties on one side. Comments?