Question About My Finds Page.

tnfishdaddy

I have a question. I found a cache with a travel bug and took the travel bug to take with me when I visit my parents after Christmas. On my list of finds, it doesn't count as a found cache. It just says that I have found a travel bug. I have found 6 caches but only shows 5 caches and a travel bug. What did I do wrong and is there a way I can fix it? Will it show up as a find when I drop it off? No big deal, I was just wondering. Thanks.

I have a question. I found a cache with a travel bug and took the travel bug to take with me when I visit my parents after Christmas. On my list of finds, it doesn't count as a found cache. It just says that I have found a travel bug. I have found 6 caches but only shows 5 caches and a travel bug. What did I do wrong and is there a way I can fix it? Will it show up as a find when I drop it off? No big deal, I was just wondering. Thanks.

Travel bugs don't count as caches, they count as travel bugs. Same goes for benchmarks. Your "total finds" only includes caches you've found, not anything else.

Seems to be some confusion. Can you list the 6 caches you found? We can check those caches for your log to see if they're still on there. I see by your profile there are 5 found, plus 1 TB. That list of 5 includes the cache you got the TB from so it seems things are added up properly, but you'd know better than we would if you hit 6, not 5.

On your "My cache page" you'll see a separate listing for the TB you took, then below that you'll see a listing for the cache you actually got the bug from. For example, on my page it says:

picked_up.gif 12/18/2004  You retrieved HOT SEAT from Waste Not!

Now I know I found Waste Not! but it doesn't say found.... but if I scroll down the page, I see another listing:

icon_smile.gif 12/18/2004  You found Waste Not!

So looks like I'm good. ;) Does this match what you see on yours, changing the cache names of course!

PS Just noticed a note from the TB owner asking if you can take a picture of the TB and post it on the TB's page. :D

I found a cache with a travel bug and took the travel bug . . .  On my list of finds, it doesn't count as a found cache.  It just says that I have found a travel bug.  . . . Will it show up as a find when I drop it off? 

To repeat what others have said, but in a very specific way:

Travel bugs are not caches and do not count as cache finds.