Update Part Of The Cache Guidelines

The Cheeseheads

I was perusing the cache guidelines and niticed that the cache sizes section is no longer accurate with the recent addition. Also, the cache types section makes no mention of Earthcaches.

It's been my observation that rather than constantly making small changes to the guidelines (which are easy to miss), they accumulate them and incorporate them all into a guideline document that's updated once or twice a year.

Upside is that people are more likely to pay attention to the changes this way, rather than if they're dribbled out over time. It also gives things a bit of a "try-out" period, before they get written in stone. The downside is that the guidelines can lag behind the current state of the GC site.

Making small changes is harder for people to catch. I don't visit the descriptions and such unless I'm showing geocaching.com to someone else. Like was said before, rather than make lots of small changes, if they are allowed to accumulate, then you can do it all at once at put a big giant "NEW CACHE TYPES, CHECK IT OUT" or something like that, so that everyone will see them.