Dear Geocacher

Just got this e-mail:

Park staff found your Geocache floating in the creek at Rady Park. You can pick it up at the Warrenton Community Center in Warrenton. Everything in the box looks fine but the camera in missing.

-Fauquier County Parks and Recreation

You gotta love ammo-boxes, and helpful park rangers! :lol:

I glad they didn't blow it up hehe. Most of mine have the large "Geocaching" stickers on them, but this one did not. I did have a laminated insert that explains geocaching, with my e-mail address on it. Glad I did! :lol:

Actually, I'm hoping the floating cache they found was the original Galadriel's Gift cache, which went missing last June. I replaced the cache 5 months ago, shortly after it vanished.

I think it is the original, since they mentioned they camera, which was in the original cache but not the replacement.

I assumed someone had muggled it too, and was rather unhappy -- mostly because it was a hybrid letterbox, with a hand-carved stamp and a nice quality journal for the stamps -- hard to replace. But now I think the cache probably washed away on its own. It was hidden under a bridge, and if someone didn't re-hide it well, a good rain storm could have dislodged it.

Sure, someone may have take the camera, but that's no big deal. The fact that the park rangers took the trouble to retrieve the cache and contact me was great. And if it is the original cache (I'll find out tomorrow when I pick it up), I'm going to rehide it (somewhere else), and rename it Boromir's Boat, which seems fitting. :laughing: